My best-friend made a special request for some of my Banana Nut Bread with Chocolate Chips. And not being one to disappoint, and because it sounded delicious to me also, I was happy to oblige.
This is such an easy and quick bread to make. It’s based on an old Amish recipe and is absolutely delicious.
1/2 cup of butter
1 cup of sugar (you can half this if you don’t want the bread very sweet)
2 ripe bananas (mashed)
2 cups flour
1 TSPbaking powder
1/2 TSP baking soda
1/2 – 1 cup pecans (optional)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional, but wonderful)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients together
3. Cream together sugar & butter
4. Add eggs and blend well
5. Add bananas and blend well
6. Pour into prepared loaf pan
7. Bake for 50-60 minutes or a toothpick comes out of the center clean
*I have also made this bread with Splenda and it works and tastes just as good
This is great for breakfast, dessert or a snack. Enjoy!