I had a special request for some Jalapeno Jelly this week. It’s so easy to make and so good that I wanted to share it with anyone else who might want to give it a go. Hope you enjoy!
3 Jalapeno peppers
Half of a green bell pepper
Half of a sweet red pepper
1 1/2 cups of vinegar (apple cider or white works well)
5 cups of sugar
1 pouch of liquid pectin, 6 oz (Powder will not work)
1. Half Jalapeno peppers and remove the seeds of two of the peppers (for hotter jelly leave seeds from two or all three of the peppers).
2. Cut the green and red peppers into small pieces.
3. Place all the peppers into a blender and chop.
4. Place pepper mixture, vinegar and sugar into a 5 quart pan and bring to a boil.
5. Boil rapidly for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Then remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
6. Add pectin and stir until it is well mixed, then allow to cool for 2 minutes.
7. Stir well again for about a minute to ensure that the pectin is well mixed. Then pour into prepared jars and into the water bath for 10 minutes.
This recipe makes about 5 half pint jars.
It is so easy and so good.
One of my favorite ways to eat it is with a little bit of cream cheese on wheat crackers.
My brother loves it on a turkey sandwich.
Try lots of different things and see what you love it with.