I can’t begin to say how good this jelly is. I love plum jelly but I REALLY loved this one. I was lucky enough to have two plum trees that were ripe and full of plums. I could have all I wanted to come and pick. And I am very grateful.
Wild Texas Plum Jelly
5 pds plums
4 cups of water
1 packet of Pectin (1.75 oz)
7 cups of sugar
1. Place plums and water in a large stockpot and bring to a boil.
2. Once boiling reduce heat to simmer.
3. Allow to simmer for 30 mins.
4. Line a strainer with 4 layers of cheesecloth.
5. Place plum mixture in strainer for 30 mins or until there is 5 1/2 cups of liquid.
6. Return liquid to pan.
7. Add pectin to liquid and bring to a boil.
8. Add sugar and bring to a rolling boil.
9. Boil for 1 minute stirring constantly.
10. Remove from heat and skim off any foam.
11. Process as you would any jams or jellies.
Yields about 8 half-pints
Hope you enjoy!